Donald Trump Calls For All Remaining Bitcoin To Be Mined In The US In His Latest Pro-Crypto Push

Trump Reportedly Wanted To Kill Bitcoin. Here's How It Played Out

Republican presidential candidate and convicted felon Donald Trump reaffirmed his support for the fledgling Bitcoin mining sector after hosting Bitcoin mining industry heads. Trump declared that he wants to mine all the remaining Bitcoin in the U.S. as he believes it will help the nation become “energy-dominant.”

“Made In The USA” Bitcoin

In a key meeting at Mar-a-Lago on Tuesday night with Nasdaq-listed Bitcoin mining firm CleanSpark Inc. executives and Riot Platforms., ex-president Donald Trump promised to advocate for Bitcoin miners in the White House. Trump told the Palm Beach resort meeting attendees that miners contribute to energy grid stability.

In a late-night post after the meeting on the Trump-owned alt-tech social media platform, Truth Social, the ex-POTUS said he wanted “all the remaining Bitcoin to be MADE IN THE USA!!!” claiming it would help the country be “energy dominant” and that it “may be our last line of defense against a CBDC.”

Very good meeting with President Trump on #Bitcoin and U.S. energy dominance!!!

— Jason Les (@JasonLes_) June 11, 2024

Trump likely implies he’d like to see U.S. companies mining more Bitcoin using local resources. As it stands, approximately 90% of BTC’s 21 million supply has been mined. The remaining 10% is slated to be mined through the year 2140.

Trump has previously pledged to “never allow” a CBDC if he’s re-elected, but he didn’t clarify why fostering Bitcoin mining could help block the introduction of a central bank digital currency.

Nonetheless, Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell said in a March hearing before the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs that the U.S. was “nowhere near recommending or let alone adopting a central bank digital currency in any form.”

Trump Commits To Bitcoin

Trump infamously called Bitcoin “a scam” while he was president, but has recently softened his stance in a bid to woo crypto voters ahead of the 2024 presidential election scheduled for Nov. 5.

He recently emphasized that the United States must not settle for “second place” when it comes to cryptocurrencies and even presented himself as the “crypto president”, as ZyCryto reported.

Trump, who was the first U.S. presidential candidate to accept crypto donations,  was recently found guilty on 34 felony charges. But his odds of retaking the White House are still high.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most Popular

InstaCoin.News covers Fintech, Blockchain and Bitcoin bringing you the latest news and analyses on the future of money.

Copyright © InstaCoinNews

To Top